Thursday, December 6, 2007

We have arrived!!!

We finally made it! We have Internet...life is good! We had a wonderful cross country trip! We saw so many beautiful places. We got to see everyone we love and missed. I have so many pictures I have to figure out how to post them all. We arrived here in the DC area around Oct 26th. We stayed with the Benders (thank god) while we were house hunting. After almost 3 weeks of relentless searching, long days, tears, frustration, and confusion we decided to rent for a year to give us a chance to look. We moved into a beautiful 4 bdr 3 bath house on Nov 23rd the day after Thanksgiving. Whew! Our house hold goods came the same day. We live in a small town named Mechanicsville. We live on 15.106 acre property, however we are allowed 3.36 of it. Scott is in hog heaven...we can hunt and fish on the property! Paulie is loving the freedom and squirrels. The owner has said we can use what we want though. Austin rides his motorbike everyday now and has made a few friends. We had to put Austin in a temp school for 5 days and now he is in his permanent school Lettie Marshall Dent Elementary School. I am happy to say he loves it. I drop him off at the bus stop by 8:30 and pick him up at 4:15. It is so different in Hawaii school was 7:50 -2:10 and on Wed 1:10. It gets dark at 5:30 which leaves him an hour of light after school. We are all adjusting. We are house hunting with Ron Harris (our realtor) who is amazing and will get serious in a few months. Anthony is doing great. We got to spend more time with him on the trip and we had so much fun. I love the area he lives in and all of his friends are great. I was bummed he said we couldn't live there with him! lol...he loves his job at the bank and is so busy with Younglife. I got a call the other day from him telling me someone hit and ran his new jeep. I was so upset about that. Life lessons...right? Well we officially hit Winter! We had our first snow yesterday! I actually drove in snow!!!! Can you believe it!!! I really didn't have a choice I was at the store and had to get home. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Scott surprised me with a 10ft Christmas tree and a beautiful live Poinsettia! It really feels like Christmas. It snowed most of the night. I got some pics of Austin making snow angels and sledding. Well trying to sled with a wave board...lol...hey why not. Scott and I get up at 4:30 because he has an hour drive to work. We have to live far from Andrews AFB to get the good schools and peace of mind. as long as he is on the road by 5:35 he is good to go. If you leave at 6:00 am you will be late. The traffic is the worst I have ever seen! Crazy! So far he likes VR-48. Everyone is nice and he is learning the ropes. We have the squadron Christmas party this weekend and tonight he is working the Redskins game. The stand makes lots of money for MWR. I have a feeling we will be working lots of games. I am still unpacking and cleaning. I should be done in a week or so. We can't wait to venture out and see some sights. I have been as far as Camp Springs. We did drop Skip at Baltimore International. I want to see the monuments and museums. We want to see the White house and Lincoln memorial. Hopefully we can take trips to New york, Philly, Williamsburg, and many more. Mom and dad have also been house hunting and have made an offer on a house on the North Shore. Cross your fingers they get it. Keep them crossed that they will make it here for Christmas. I know mom and nanny love being retired and I am so happy they are! Mom and dad Croucher are in Arizona selling Christmas trees. They work long days and are ready to get on the road. Thank goodness Don goes down and helps out. I will start updating again. I'm sure I left a lot out and will post if I remember something. I love and miss everyone...take care!

2 comments:

Nanny said...

Pam, You are something else. I am so proud of your computer skills. The snow is sooooooooooo beautiful. I love the picture of Austin in the leaves. Keep up the good work. More later

Anonymous said...

Merry Chistmas to the Crouchers. Congrats on making it way out to the right coast safely. Thanks for the wonderful card/picture. We SHALL hook up in D.C. and have a beverage or two. We miss you guys, K-bay is NOT the same without you guys!

Aloha,

Glenn & Wende Wise