Thursday, September 6, 2007

Ahhh...the big move!



Hello Peeps! I am sorry for not updating. As you all know we have been quite busy and it will only get worse. We are officially leaving the island on Sept 30th. Let me catch everyone up. Anthony has moved to Tennessee. I am so sad I missed watching him arrive and move into his first apartment! I know he loves the area and has a wonderful roommate. I'm so thankful for that. The job and school is soon to come. When I talk to him he sounds so happy and he has made some new friends. The complex he lives in has many Younglife leaders residing there too. I know he is comfortable and will do well. Austin's final game is this Saturday and his team party is Sunday. I am so glad he got to join and play football. We are taking him out of school on Wed the 26th. I am worried he will be out of school for a month. We are going to ask his teacher to send work with us. Everyone is so sad we are leaving. I don't think I will have a dry eye the whole last week we are here. Our plans have changed again. Our cross country trip will be:

Fly out Sept 30th in the PM. Arrive in Seattle, WA the morning of the 1st. We will visit Wes (Scott's brother), Susie, and Desi (Scott's cousin's)for 3 days. We leave out the morning of the 4th and head to Montana. We will visit with Mom and dad Croucher. Can't wait to see Aunt Louise and uncle Chuck! We all leave on the morning of the 7th. Mom and dad head down to Arizona to sell pumpkins. We head over to Mount Rushmore. I can't wait! Mind you Paulie (our dog) will be with us. Yikes! We leave from there the morning of the 10th and stop in St Louis for the night. Finally on to New Orleans...I know mom is dying to see Austin! We should arrive about the 12th? We will stay for about 4-5 days (let's see how Paulie does) and off to Tennessee the morning of the 16th or 17th to visit with Anthony. We will stay there about 2 days. I can't wait to put shelf paper in his kitchen cabinets! So hopefully on the morning of the 20th or 21st we will drive to Maryland. I am not really sure of the dates. We will be staying with some friends (The Benders) we met here. This will give us time to house hunt and find a school. I shipped the truck off 2 days ago. We have the mazda to drive the remainder of the time here. Scott left on a trip Tuesday morning (same morning I shipped the truck) and will be gone through the 11th. The 12th the movers come and pack us out. Pack out is 12th-14th. Scott leaves again on the 16th-22nd. My 1st inspection is the 18th. I have to get a cert. of health for Paulie to fly on the 25th. Our final inspection is the 26th. While Scott is gone I have to separate what stays and what goes, empty deep freezer, clean clean clean! I want to have a garage sale somewhere in there. The 27th is Scott's going away at work. We are trying to get into the cabins on base the 26th-30th. I love them! I have begged, bribed, and groveled to get a cabin. So far they only have the night of the 27th :(. I will not stop til I get it. We will spend each night at friend's houses visiting and saying good bye. I know I left some things out, but you get the picture. I am excited and nervous. I can't wait to see everyone. I wish more could have made it out to Hawaii. It truly was a one in a lifetime experience. The culture and the food is amazing. The beaches and hikes are breathtaking. The people we have met here have become our family. I can say I don't take any of it for granted. Each morning driving Austin to school, I look out at the view coming down the hill and think...wow! I will miss it so much. It's the little things. Me being able to walk down to the ocean and sit, watching the waves crash on shore. Passing the landscapers who are at the tippy top of a coconut tree grooming it. You don't see that everyday. Closing your eyes while just your feet are at the edge of the water smelling the sea air. Looking out at the water and seeing every color of blue you can imagine. Ya'll are gonna laugh at me. Now I will tell you what I won't miss. The darn Centipedes, Roaches, and Ants! The sand in my bathing suit, sand in the truck, sand in the house....you get the idea! Hmmmm now that I think about it...things I can't wait to see are Squirrels, Snakes, and signs welcoming you to a new state. Ahhh....the little things. I have attached lots of pictures of people we love. You will have to look on right side and scroll down to see them all. I put quite a few. I almost forgot...Birthdays! Kim's b-day is the 23rd and Mom's is the 30th. Happy Birthday!!!! Last, but not least......Mom is retiring!!!!! Yay! Long awaited and very much so due. I am so happy for her. Her last day of work is Sept 30th! This will be the best birthday present she will ever have! You deserve it mom. Congrats! I want to sayn congrats to Nanny too. Nanny will be retiring as well. Look out garden here she comes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I know is you better not leave NOLA before visiting with me. I'll be sooooo sad :( I'll be expecting a phone call on the 12th! I can't wait to see you guys.

Grandma Dee said...

Pam, I always enjoy reading the most welcomed news of the family.
You are so thoughtful and remember everyone. I am counting the days till I retire and now the days till I see all of you. I think often of the times Austin and I were togerher and acted silly or just talked. I so very, very much want to spend time with him and do whatever he wants. I have missed him and the two of you very much. The weather should be great for the trip. Please tell everyone hello for us as you see them along the way. I am also worried about Austin getting a late start in school, it will be hard for him to catch up and he will need your help. Please quit worrying about the dogs, everything will be fine. Dad seems to be doing a lot better, I think it is hard on him to travel..he seems to get sick everytime he leaves. The days are flying by and the excitement builds as my retirement nears and knowing we will soon be together again. Your extended families sound wonderful and please express my thanks and gratitude to each of them for taking such good care of you and helping to make you feel at home. I loved the pictures and have to get you started scrapbooking your memories. Pam try to gather post cards, napkins, brochures, maps and anything to use you can to document your stay in Hawaii. Once you leave your opportunity will have passed. Please take pictures, pictures, pictures of everything, remember they can never be duplicated. They can be sorted later but please record who, what, when, where and the year as memories become short and everyone is important. I love you all very much and can't wait to see you. Dad said don't forget to continue to write what you all will want to eat so we can start to gather it all. We Love You, God Bless, Be Safe, See You Soon, MOM